Wednesday, January 21, 2015

recent essays

I've been published some recently, and have some upcoming work as well. In August, my poem "We Thought We Needed a Boat," and my essay, "The Crossing," were published in Connotations, which is a small journal here in Sitka. In November, my essay, "Picking Raspberries," was published by The Baltimore Review. Coming up in the next month or so, my essay, "Sleep," will be published by Emrys Journal. In the Fall of 2015, my essay, "Manhandled," will be published by The New Ohio Review. And I just found out moments ago that I won the 2nd Prize of Nonfiction at Literal Latte for my essay, "David the Green Dragon Goes to the Opera." I don't know yet when the essay will be published, but I'll let you know.

For most of these essays, I'm writing under the name Tamie Parker Song, which is what I'll be changing my name to, as soon as I can get myself settled here in Sitka. My full name will be Tamie Marie Parker Song.

I'm so grateful to all these journals, for publishing my work. It's a big deal to me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Tam! That's so exciting! Way to go. Also, I love the new name. Is there a story behind it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Well deserved recognition.

    ReplyDelete