Thursday, January 15, 2015

jihadism & protest

Whatever you may think of Thomas Friedman, I think we can all agree that he is both well-informed and puts his money where his mouth is by actually going to the places he writes about and genuinely getting to know people and systems and politics on the ground. I myself have not found reason to quibble with him, although I know he has a reputation for being too moderate at times. (I might quibble with him if I were more educated on what he writes about.) Anyway, he's written a quite good piece in the New York Times in response to the murders in Paris, and the protests in response to those murders. And also about jihadism in general, and Islam, and where we should go from here. I highly recommend reading it. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/14/opinion/thomas-friedman-we-need-another-giant-protest.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

No comments:

Post a Comment