Tuesday, December 30, 2014

more chrissmiss

Jerry (my step-dad), me, Lopa, Samuel

My mom is teaching two violin students: Lopa & Samuel. They're both PhD students in chemistry at the College of William & Mary, here in Williamsburg. They came over the day after Christmas & we spent the afternoon/evening together. They brought some musical instruments, so we all played a bit. We chatted, ate delicious food, and played a story game they gave me as a gift. T'was a lovely time!

Then, a couple days later, mom and Jerry and I took a drive northeast of here, to some places where Jerry used to live & frequent in years past. We stopped in at this country store.
Then, yesterday, it was my 38th birthday. Mom & I went to a Korean restaurant for lunch. It's cool to discover new places to eat together (since my parents just moved here this year).

Mom made me a delicious gluten-free carrot cake, which you can see. Plus my favorite: spaghetti & meatballs. I feel so Midwestern & American, to have that as my favorite! But, it is what it is. You can also see in this photo that I found a book yesterday that is tweets from historical figures. Like, tweets from Plato, Archimenedes, Nixon, Stalin, Joan of Arc, etc. It is very funny. I read it at dinner and we all laughed a lot. Laughing on one's birthday is good.

I lost my camera a few weeks ago, and through some sneakery my mom, step-dad, brother, and sister-in-law bought me a new one! How cool is that? SO COOL. It was super unexpected!

Here's me with my new camera, feeling very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment