Wednesday, November 5, 2014

the san francisco bay

I'm in Oakland, baby. Staying with my friend Kate, which is lovely. It's nice to chat in the morning & later at night, which are two times I very rarely interacted with Kate when I lived here. The big task I'm doing while I'm here is getting my stuff out of storage & sending it to Alaska (contrary to what I told you Andrea!; I decided just yesterday to send it to AK ). That's been a rather monumental task. But luckily, my dear friend Jon came to help me yesterday. So it mostly just felt fine and okay, rather than monumental and overwhelming. That's what friends are for!

It's weird to be here though. I've been trying to figure out what feels weird, and even though I don't know the reasons for it, the simple fact is that this area (the whole SF Bay) feels alienating to me. Maybe it's all the light. Certainly it's all the concrete. And the volume of people.

I leave tomorrow and fly to North Dakota. Which I'm really looking forward to. I'll be there for about a week, and then I drive with Lori & her offspring to Montana. Hm. "Offspring" is a weird word. But, there it is! I used it.

I won't say more now, but I'd like to blog a bit more regularly in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

  1. wow, big changes again. May God protect you. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete