Wednesday, November 26, 2014

another day in san diego

I don't know if you can see the banner but it says "10% off active military." This is a residential hotel. It is a place where nearly-homeless folks live. Something is wrong.
The first Declaration of Human Rights was written by Cyrus the Great--in Iran. I don't know if you can read it, but it's beautiful. Cyrus abolished slavery, declared that there would be respect for the traditions, customs, and religions of everyone in his empire, and declared that no one could oppress anyone else.
At the United Nations Village, in Balboa Park.
This is one of the earliest photos of the San Francisco Bay. I'm pretty sure this is a shot of where the Embarcadero is now.
I took this photo because, what the fuck? (I did not go view the instruments of torture put on by The Museum of Man). !!
This photo is WTF in a whole different way.

Today my brother and I drive to Palm Desert.

2 comments:

  1. I too had an immediate WTF response to that torture exhibit sign. It was fantastically balanced by the Cyrus the Great declaration, though. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Museum of Man seemed to be trying to balance their torture exhibit by having a part of the exhibit dedicated to asking how we can get rid of torture worldwide. I didn't see any of the exhibit, but I have my doubts about the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete